Monday, August 15, 2011

Author Interview ~ W. Lynn Chantale



On our couch this week is the fantastic, W. Lynn Chantale. Now I have to admit I was thrilled when she agreed to be come by. *g* So why don’t we start the interview?

Sounds good. Welcome W. Lynn. So, what were you doing at midnight last night?

Normally I’m asleep, but last night I was working on my latest WIP, I can’t get that darn plot right.


I know the feeling. I get that way. Then again, I find the boys for some research... Speaking of research, have you ever cried during a movie? If yes, which one and why?

I’ve cried during several movies, but the one that sticks out the most for me is Pay It Forward. Spoiler Alert! If you’ve never seen this movie you may want to skip to the next question. The movie is about a boy who is given an assignment in changing the world. And everyday Trevor, played by Haley Joel Osmet watches another classmate being bullied. After Trevor has done all these good things, gotten his entire community involved in paying it forward (for every good deed, you have to choose three strangers and do something nice for them), he decides to finally stand up for his classmate and in doing so gets stabbed and dies. I bawled my eyes out.

OMG, I cried, too. Love that movie. The ending...holy cow...okay, now you’ve got me blubbering...

Then let’s talk something fun. Do you like thunderstorms?

Only when my hubby is around, he provides a wonderful distraction. ;-o

That is the best distraction. *g* Can you taste the difference between Pepsi and Coke? If so, which do you prefer?

Ahh the great Coke or Pepsi debate. Yes I can tell the difference. Pepsi has a sweeter, slightly mellower taste, while Coke is a little more citrusy with more of a kick. I prefer Coke.

And here I prefer a brisk Dr. Pepper. So, are you a morning person or a night person?

I am most definitely a morning person. There’s something about being the first one up and listening to the quiet of a new day. Did you know I have a woodpecker outside my window? It’s taken nearly a month for me to realize that the sound wasn’t a birdcall. Anywho, I hear the birds serenading in the morning and it’s easier to concentrate.

You’re brave. Get either of us up early and you’ll probably see something you don’t to see. No, not a morning person. How about another fun question. As a child, what did you want to do when you grew up?


Believe it or not I wanted to own a restaurant. I can remember being 5 or 6, grabbing my mother’s cookbook, and making up menus. I was going to own a French restaurant so there was plenty of Brioche, Coq au Vin, Vichyssoise, and Chocolat Mousse to go around.

She mentioned food. Now I’m hungry.

Me, too. Better ask another question. When did you write your first book and how old were you?

I wrote my first book entitled His Sister’s Keeper, in high school, so maybe 13 or 14 years old. It was my first attempt at a category romance and I thought I did a pretty fair job of it too. The manuscript sits on my hard drive waiting for the day I decide to dust it off and give it one more revision.

Hey, nothing wrong with getting out the old stuff. Sometimes it is revisable. Since we’re on books, what was the hardest part of writing your book?

For this I have to pick one book, because each book is different. The hardest part of writing Seducing His Wife were the love scenes. I had a heck of time writing any of the love scenes from the heroine’s point of view, but when I wrote from the hero’s point of view the words flowed like silk.

Yanno, sometimes that’s what you have to do. I look for whoever has the most to lose. But whatever works. What is your favorite character you’ve written (published or not)? Why?

I love all of my characters, each hold a special place in my heart, but my favorite character, by far and she’s yet unpublished is Trisha. I live and speak through her. She’s done so many things I wish I had the courage to do. Being rich doesn’t hurt either. :-)

Rich can be good or bad. Does help when you want to buy shoes... Are experiences based on someone you know, or events in your own life?

I’d have to say yes. I have a short story in which the heroine cut her finger, then needs surgery to repair the tendon and a nerve. That happened to me earlier this year. Do you know how hard it is to type with one hand? My word count improved after a week of one hand typing. Although I try not to use too many experience from those outside my immediate family, but I also use events from the news, television, or snippets of overheard conversations.

Where can we find you on the web?

http://wlynnchantale-decadentdecisions.blogspot.com/
wlynnchantale@gmail.com email
@wlynnchantale-Twitter
http://www.facebook.com/pages/W-Lynn-Chantale/215880978444988

Want to know more about Seducing His Wife? Blurb Time!!!!

Haunted by nightmares, Sheridan Sinclair just wants to get through one night without reliving the terrible accident that led to her miscarriage. And she longs for the arms of the man who betrayed her. Matthew Sinclair has always loved his wife, but when she refuses to speak to him after her accident, he's left to wonder what went wrong. When a stolen kiss ignites their forgotten passion, he'll use their love as a means to get her home and in his bed again. Will a husband’s plan of seduction be enough to heal a wife’s broken heart?


And here are the buy links!

http://whispershome.com/erotic/seducing-his-wife/

Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Seducing-His-Wife-ebook/dp/B005DOZYRC/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1311349014&sr=8-3

Mobipocket http://www.mobipocket.com/en/eBooks/searchebooks.asp?Language=EN&searchType=All&lang=EN&searchStr=seducing+his+wife

All Romance e-books, http://tinyurl.com/AllRomance


6 comments:

Lynn Chantale said...

Thanks so much for hosting me today. Buying shoes is a fabulous hobby, unfortunately I have to budget my shoe addiction. *sigh* Guess those red-soled shoes with the sparklies will have to wait.

Neecy said...

Great interview. It's so nice to get to know authors. Your book sounds very intriguing.
Neecy

Lynn Chantale said...

Hi Neecy, thanks for dropping by.

Wendi Zwaduk and Megan Slayer said...

I had to curb my shoe buying, too. Sadly, i traded shoe buy for BOOK buying. ;-) Great post!

Toni Lynn said...

Great interview. Best of luck!

Megan Slayer said...

Sorry it took me so long to get here. Busy with the boys. I'm so glad you came by WLynn. Had a blast talking to you!

Megan