Tuesday, June 2, 2009

My Turn for a Free Read

So, I sent the ladies over at Whipped Cream another short story. I love doing them, they're such a quick way to get past a block, or to let my muse go in a different direction for an hour or so, so that she'll go back to where I want her to concentrate. Anyway, they accepted it and it willl be published this Thursday. Which is fortuitous, as that's my birthday. Happy Birthday to me! LOL

Nope, I don't have a cover yet, or a link, although I think the link is the same until it gets moved to the archives. I just wanted to let everyone know so you can take a looksie on Thursday.

I actually love doing these so much that I poked one of my crit partners and practically dared her to do one... and she did. LOL So, I'm gonna dare all y'all to do it too.... come on, you can do it! It's a fun exercise and it will get your creative juices flowing, PROMISE! You can go here to see their submission guidelines. They're always looking for new stories. You can even read the past submissions to get an idea of what they look for, here, the archives are at the bottom of the page.

As for my editing and writing, it's actually moving along pretty well. Might have something to do with the fact that I've finally figured out a sort-of schedule that works for me... and my muse. While I didn't quite meet my self-imposed deadline of submission by the end of May... I will get submitted before I go out of town. :-D

Hope everyone is having a wonderful week so far... and if you're not I hope it gets better.

2 comments:

Wendi Zwaduk and Megan Slayer said...

It's spreading, but its's fun!

You'll get there, I'm sure of it.

Hugs,

Wendi

Kealie Shay said...

LOL, it is fun! And thanks, Wendi, I really appreciate all your help and support. :-)