Monday, June 22, 2009

Author Interview ~ Colleen DuVall


Yay, I'm back! It's Monday and it's time for another author interview. Y'all know how much I love doing these... maybe because I'm just really nosey. Anyway, today, we have on our couch Colleen DuVall, recently published with Whispers Publishing. Let's get started:

Good morning, Colleen. Welcome to The Menagerie. I'd really like to know more about your work. Can you share a little of your current work with us?

I am finishing up a sequel to Witch's Kiss entitled, Sex Magicks. It takes place in New Orleans and there’s dark and steamy voodoo involved; I’m very excited about it...

I can tell! It sounds interesting, and I love NOLA, it's my other home. Who is your favorite author and what is it that really strikes you about their work?

Stephen King casts a magical spell with his writing that draws me in every time. All of his characters are people you could know and relate to. Some of their little sayings and quirks really make me laugh out loud.

Okay, I will admit right now, that I don't read Stephen King, he seriously creeps me out. And I guess that is the point, he's just that good. But...I can certainly understand the appeal. He does in fact write so well you feel what he is saying is completely believable. Do you have to travel much concerning your book(s)?

I will certainly find any excuse to travel to exotic locations. I very much enjoyed the Dracula Tour to Transylvania last Halloween!

Sounds like fun... maybe. LOL, What would you say is your interesting writing quirk?

I prefer writing longhand in journals first and transferring everything to the computer second.

Huh, I can sort of relate to that. I like to write out scenes that come to me in longhand, but usually it doesn't stay the same once it gets transferred to my computer. What does your family think of your writing?

They have always been extremely supportive.

That's good, it's nice to have people in your life who support you in what you do. What do you think makes a good story?

Characters that you care about.

Well, yes, that is definitely true. As a child, what did you want to do when you grew up?

An actress, an artist, and a writer. And I’ve wound up juggling some combination of the three ever since.

LOL, it's funny how that works. We make up our minds... but not really, and then we do a bit of all of it at some point. What were you doing at midnight last night?

Playing on my myspace page and watching old BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER episodes.

Oooooohhhhh, Buffy ROCKS! Spike was always my personal favorite. He just did bad so well, and when he went sort of good it was even better. Yum. What is your favorite animal?

I’ve got a soft spot for wolves.

Oh, me too, while not my favorite animal for a shapeshifter character, wolves are definitely in the top ten for me. What is your favorite pizza?

Canadian bacon with green olives- thin crust.

Hmmm... sounds like an interesting combo. Reminds me of Pepperoni and Black Olives... must be an aquired taste. Are you a morning person or a night person?

I am most definitely a creature of the night!

LOL, somehow I'm not surprised. Do you like thunderstorms?

Love ‘em. Talk about a passionate backdrop!

Again, I'm not really surprised. LOL, I do agree though... a very passionate backdrop.

Thank you so much for being with us here at The Menagerie. It was great fun, I hope you continue to come around.


A Witch's Kiss by Colleen DuVall

Kathleen is a restless, just turned thirty-year-old woman, longing for adventure in her life. Enter Cedric, a dashing, mysterious, older Brit who lures her into his web of shadowy secrets. They fall into an intense love affair, hurling Kathleen headfirst into a dark and sensuous world of taboo S&M pleasures and witchcraft. As she becomes emotionally and erotically addicted to him, she is forced to make a choice that could change her life forever as she knows it. Will she succumb completely to his "Witch's Kiss?"

No comments: