Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Letting Go...

Okay, last night I finished my first round of edits... or maybe it was the second... on my Cowboy story. I've been struggling a bit with it as it needed some serious rewrites to make it a better story.

I popped it into an email and sent it off to my crit partners and took a break. But it was calling me back... I want to wait and see what my crit partners have to say, but another part of me wants to open that puppy back up and start reading again to see if anything else is obvious to me as far as edits go.

I even started writing a synopsis last night to give my brain something else to focus on... yeah, those aren't much fun. It's much more fun to write than to tell what I wrote and still keep it entertaining. I can only imagine how insane I'm going to be once I actually send it out into the world.

Right now, I'm concentrating on edits for the next story, synopsis for this one and trying not to obsess over what my crit partners will think. Is that letting go? I dunno, but I think it's as close as I'm going to get right now. :-D

1 comment:

Rebecca J. Clark said...

I don't think we can ever completely "let it go." The minute I type The End, I think of something that desperately needs changing. I don't think I've ever waited until my CPs get back to me before I start revising.

:)Becky