Wednesday, October 1, 2008

I Love Writer's Prompts

I am frequently stymied in the middle of my WIP ... and there are times I can't just stop writing (I like to do writing challenges like BIAW or NaNoWriMo) and word count really matters, so I'll find prompts. Or, with NaNoWriMo, I'll visit their Plot Doctoring message board.

I've found prompts on Paperback Writer's blog.

Writer's Digest offers several.

Writing Fix has tons of different prompts.
And, in a pinch, I've gone to Wikipedia and clicked on random
article and then incorporated whatever comes up into my story in some way (this one can be really tough -- try it sometime!).

I really think prompts, especially outlandish ones, can get the juices flowing and make the brain start thinking outside the box, or at least outside the page.

What about you? Do YOU like using writing prompts?

No comments: