Monday, November 28, 2011

Monday Author Interview with Lucy Felthouse!



We are happy to welcome the fantastic Lucy Felthouse to the couch this week. We love her stories and her FF are smokin’. But let’s get going with the interview!
Where are you from?


I'm from Derbyshire, in the UK. I was born in Derbyshire, though not the same place I'm living now, and have lived in the same house since I was a small baby. I'm a home girl, through and through!


Tell us your latest news?

I'm currently hard at work promoting my new release, LOOSE ENDS, which is my first release from Summerhouse Publishing. It's an erotic romance short story about two people who meet at a University reunion and are startled that even after all those years have passed, they still have feelings for one another.

Sounds exciting! Do you have a specific writing style?

I don't consciously have a 'style', I just write what comes naturally. I guess many of my stories have a fairly conversational tone with humour thrown in, but it just seems to be the way it flows out of me, or the way my characters talk.

What is your favorite character you’ve written (published or not)? Why?

I really like my character, Meg, from my Noble Romance release, BITE WITH HEIGHT. She's a vampire, and even for a vampire, she's a kick-ass chick. She turns typical on its head and was a really fun character to create. She and her new girlfriend, Grace, are currently nagging me to continue their story, which is why I have a research trip to Paris planned. I can't wait!

We’d love to go to Paris. So Lucky!! Is there anything you find particularly challenging in your writing?

Tense! I'm not as bad as I used to be, but I often change tense without realizing it. It's often not until I read back through my completed work that I see what I've done and have a real *headdesk* moment. Sometimes I make my life even more difficult by including flashbacks or anecdotes in my work which make writing in past tense and past-past tense (if that makes sense!) a real challenge!v

Do you have to travel much concerning your book(s)?

I certainly don't have to. As much of my work is short, it's more character-led than description led. However, I'm often inspired by the places I visit and sometimes want to go back and do further research when I'm struck by an idea, hence my research trip to Paris.

Well, we never have to go anywhere per se, but travelling is so much fun! What do you like to do when you're not writing?

I like to read, watch TV shows, spend time with my other half, family and friends. I like to go walking and visiting historical properties and sites.


Boxers, briefs, boxerbriefs…. Or commando? Why?

It depends on the guy. A guy would have to have a certain look to pull off briefs, I think. If we're talking Jared Padalecki or Chris Hemsworth, anything is fine, or nothing. I really wouldn't mind either way. If we're talking 'real life' then boxers.

Depends on who has to to the laundry. What is your favorite animal?

I love dogs. I don't have one (yet) but I do love them. I just find them comical, cute and fun.

Have you ever cried during a movie? If yes, which one and why?

What? I have to name just one? I'm quite soppy when it comes to crying at films. Just a few that spring to mind are Dirty Dancing, Ghost, P.S. I Love You, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part One, The Notebook.

Some great flicks there.  What is one thing scientists should invent?

A cure for cancer. I'm not going to get maudlin, it's not my style, but I've lost so many people to it that it's difficult not to resent it. And I know lots of people reading this will feel exactly the same, so let's keep hoping, eh?

Are you a morning person or a night person?

A night person, definitely. I very rarely want to get out of bed in the mornings, never mind what I'm doing that day.

Not much for getting out of bed in the morning myself. Guess that’s why we have the cabana boys! Do you like thunderstorms?

Nope, I'm a big old wimp. I don't scream or cry or anything, but they definitely freak me out, so expect to find me with my bedcovers pulled up to my chin!

Can you taste the difference between Pepsi and Coke? If so, which do you prefer?

Yes, absolutely. Pepsi is sweeter, and Coke can leave a bit of a weird aftertaste in your mouth. I prefer Pepsi as I have a real sweet tooth.

Want to buy Lucy’s books? Here’s the links:
Bite with Height: http://www.allromanceebooks.com/product-bitewithheight-575237-139.html
Loose Ends: http://www.allromanceebooks.com/product-looseends-577310-149.html


Want to know a little bit more about her?
During Lucy’s first year studying Creative Writing at the University of Derby, she was dared to write an erotic story. It went down a storm and she's never looked back. Lucy has had stories published by Cleis Press, Noble Romance, Ravenous Romance, Summerhouse Publishing and Xcite Books. Find out more at http://www.lucyfelthouse.co.uk. You can also find her on Facebook and Twitter. http://www.facebook.com/lucyfelthousewriter


No comments: