Monday, November 7, 2011

Monday Author Interview ~ Gail Koger

This week we have Gail Koger on the couch. Welcome Gail. Why don’t we get started? When and why did you begin writing?


I was a 9-1-1 dispatcher for the Glendale Police Department and to keep from going totally bonkers – I mean people have no idea of what a real emergency is. Take this for an example: I answered, “9-1-1 emergency, what’s your emergency?” And this hysterical woman yelled, “My bird is in a tree.” Sometimes I really couldn’t help myself, so I said, “Birds have a tendency to do that, ma’am.” The woman screeched, “No! You don’t understand. My pet parakeet is in the tree. I’ve just got to get him down.” Like I said, not a clue. “I’m sorry ma’am, but we don’t get birds out of trees.” The woman then cried, “But… What about my husband? He’s up there, too.” See what I had to deal with? To keep from hitting myself repeatedly in the head with my phone, I took up writing.

I can see where that might be a little trying on a daily basis. Tell us your latest news.

The Nasty Vamp was just released by Whispers Publishing. All Bunny wanted was to be a normal, ordinary girl whose biggest worry was what to wear to her twenty-first birthday party. She needed for a few hours to forget about her mother’s murder and the monsters that inhabit the night. With all her heart Bunny wished for a little romance, for a man who could make her forget the bloodshed and death. Bunny longed for a prince charming who would sweep her off her feet and kiss her under the stars. Then fate kicked her in the teeth and granted her wish. Bunny’s perfect prince charming turned out to be a vampire.

Sounds great. What are your current projects?

I’m currently working on I Hear Voices another paranormal romance in the vein of Raiders of the Lost Ark meets Romancing the Stone. Zelda has just been laid off from her psychic gig and decides that finding Montezuma’s legendary treasure has to be easier than prying a check out of the state’s unemployment office. Her competition is a hunky, modern day Tomb Raider. Needless to say, sparks soon start flying.

Do you have any advice for other writers?

Never, ever give up. I’ve got stacks and stacks of rejection letters. I think every writer has a drawer full. Don’t let them stop you. Persistence is the name of the game. Write what you love and you will be published. Once you’re published you have to market, market, market your work.

Yeah, we have boat loads of them, but it makes us all stronger. What would you say is your interesting writing quirk?

If I need to write a really hot sex scene I just go out in my backyard and wait. My neighbor and his current girlfriend are pretty frisky in the pool. Their screams get every dog in the neighborhood howling and I can pick up some pointers from their unusually athletic positions. No, I am not a Peeping Tom. It’s call research.

Research is research. What animal do you think makes the best pet and why?

Dogs of course. They’re love on four legs and no matter how bad your day has been they always greet you with a kiss. Hey, a girl’s got to get it somewhere.

Dogs are loyal. Do you hate how you look in pictures. Why?

Eww! All those wrinkles! I know I earned everyone of them, but yikes. Scary! And it’s little depressing when the men running shrieking in the opposite direction. Aw c’mon, I got a bag over my head, what more do they want?

Mine is the gray hairs, but I combated them with blue dye. If I’m going to go gray, I’m going blue. What is your strangest habit?

Talking to myself. It’s a dispatcher thing. Okay, it’s also a sign of insanity, but we won’t go there.

Nah. We’ve been known to talk to ourselves and to finish each other’s conversations. It’s creepy, but true. When you looked in the mirror this morning, what was the first thing you thought?

Eeeeek! Another wrinkle! Omigod! Is that a gray hair!?

Blue hairs!!! How many fingers am I holding up?

One. You do know that holding up the middle finger is kinda rude. Right?

Oh, you didn’t want her to do that? Sorry. Shrugs. Grin. Want to know more about The Nasty Vamp? Here’s the blurb:

All I wanted was to be a normal, ordinary girl whose biggest worry was what to wear to her twenty-first birthday party. I needed for a few hours to forget about my mother’s murder and the monsters that inhabit the night. With all my heart I wished for a little romance, for a man who could make me forget the bloodshed and death. I longed for a prince charming who would sweep me off my feet and kiss me under the stars. Then fate kicked me in the teeth and granted my wish.

My perfect prince charming turned out to be a vampire.


Want to find out more about Gail Koger?
Buy link: http://whispershome.com/erotic/the-nasty-vamp/

Website: www.gailkoger.com

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrI2eRVIOe8


No comments: