Monday, April 5, 2010

Author Interview ~ Honoria Ravena





Hey, all, it’s great to see ya… :-D Glad you could join us today here at The Menagerie. We have on our couch author Honoria Ravena, let’s all make her feel welcome.

Welcome, Honoria! So glad you could join us today. Make yourself comfy, but one (or two) of the Cabana Boys for a drink, and let’s get started. Are there any new authors that have grasped your interest?


Actually, I caught up with a friend from high school in my US History class. She wants to be a paranormal romance writer, so I offered to critique her work. She's very good, and doesn't make a lot of the mistakes that newbie writers make. And the small portion of her manuscript I critiqued left me wanting more. I hope to see her books on shelves some day.

Awesome, you’ll have to let us know her name when it happens. Do you see writing as a career?

Definitely. My goal is to be able to support myself as a full time author. Lol, at the moment I'm basically a full time author, but I'm far from supporting myself.

LOL, I think we all have that goal, in one way or another. How long does it take you to write a book?

About six months, I'm very slow, especially since I'm going to school. I only take two classes, but it puts me in such a foul mood that I have trouble writing. I love to learn, but not in a school environment.

LOL, school can put most people in a pretty foul mood. What do you like to do when you’re not writing?

I read and watch TV. I love to shop. Clothes, shoes, and electronics. I really want a new cell phone. Though I don't know why, it’s not as if anyone calls me. I don't text message and I imagine all the extra games and such on phones cost money. That's just not something me or my mother are willing to pay for.

Not many of us are. What do you think makes a good story?

A high action plot. If nothing interesting is happening I'll put a book down, and promise myself I'll finish it, but then I never will.

I’ve found myself doing that a lot lately, lol. And now for the “absolutely-nothing-to-do-with-writing” questions: What animal do you think makes the best pet and why?

Cats. I'm a cat person. I don't really like dogs. They're too loud, and they jump, and nip, and follow you around. I want an animal that will ignore me once in a while. But I don't hate dogs. My mother is a dog breeder, so we have puppies here all the time, and any baby thing is cute. And I've always wanted a Siberian Husky, or Alaskan Malamute, but its kind of cruel to have one in the Texas heat.

What is your strangest habit?

Lol, I actually have quite a few. In another interview I mentioned that I wear my socks inside out. Well my food also can't touch on my plate. For example, on a turkey dinner, the turkey can touch the stuffing, but the stuffing can't touch the mashed potatoes, and the mashed potatoes can't touch the turkey. My father says "Who cares? It's all going to the same place." and my aunt says "They have medication for that."

LOL, I completely understand the no food touching thing… my hubby says the same thing as your father. It drives my foodie aunt up the wall when I won’t eat something she prepared the way she prepares it cuz I don’t want my food to touch… See, you’re not alone. What were you doing at midnight last night?

Tossing and turning, trying to sleep. It takes me anywhere from an hour to two and a half hours to get to sleep. It doesn't matter how much physical activity I had that day, or if I've been on for 24 hours straight, it will still take me at least an hour to get the sleep. And usually, the more tired I am, the longer it takes.

Yup, know all about that too. :-D Good thing I don’t mind being a night owl. What is your favorite animal?

I love big cats. Mainly tigers and mountain lions. And just so you know, if you ever research mountain lions use that term. If you type in 'cougars' you get older women looking for younger men, and if you type in 'puma' you get shoes. Sometimes researching on the internet is not a joy.

ROTFL, yeah, it’s interesting what things you will see when you punch in a seemingly innocent search term… What is your favorite pizza?

Pizza with eggplant. You can't get it down here. I had it when I was on Spring Break in Connecticut. But that was years ago, and I'm dying for some. So if anyone is willing to ship pizza to Texas, I'll tell them where to send it.

LOL, sorry, I’m nowhere close to Connecticut. Can you taste the difference between Pepsi and Coke? If so, which do you prefer?

Yep. I like Pepsi. It's sweeter. Coke is kind of sour, and leaves a bitter taste in my mouth.

And that’s the end of our interview. Thank you so much, Honoria, for coming to hang out with us today. It’s been fun. Feel free to hang out and enjoy the scenery… :-D.

You can keep up with Honoria at her website: http://honoriaravena.com/ .

Biohazard by Honoria Ravena

Hunted by his people, the shapeshifter, Jayden, sheds his human skin after escaping his execution. 200 years later he’s still on the run. When he’s attacked in the remote woods in Wyoming, the last thing he expects is to be saved by a human woman.

When Maura finds a rough looking group of men hunting a tiger in her forest, she doesn’t hesitate to pull a gun on them and release the animal. What she doesn’t expect is for that frightening cat to change into a gorgeous, surly man with a tortured past.

But when his people threaten her life, will he save her, or leave her to the wolves?

2 comments:

Debra Kayn said...

Great interview! Eggplant on pizza? That's a new one on me. lol

Best of luck in your writing career, Honoria. :-)

Unknown said...

Thanks Debra!

Yes eggplant on pizza is really good. All my friends think I'm weird, and its gross though. *Shrugs*