Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!



What a crazy and amazing year it has been! Now is a perfect time to be a little introspective and realize how truly blessed life has been. It's so easy to caught up in the small stuff and forget to see the good stuff.

I'm so truly fortunate to live in the United States, and I'm so very thankful for the men and women who serve our country. My DH served in the Navy during Desert Storm, and my father was in WWII. I have many relatives who have served, and I can't begin to express how grateful I am to their sacrifices.

I am having my first contracted story released next year! How exciting and amazing is THAT? Less than two years ago I was challenged to write an erotic short story (which was subsequently published on the Whipped Cream Reviews site) and then Kealie and I challenged each other to write something a little longer. "Shut Up & Kiss Me" was the result.

This segues nicely into my thankfulness for my friends. There are days I don't know how I'd get by without them. They may not say or do much, but just knowing they're there (IRL or virtually) with a heart for me is so incredible.

My thanks for family is also something that needs expressing. Don't we take them for granted a little too much? I forget some days how my DH expresses his love for me by doing things. He works outside the home so I don't have to, fixed the cars, cares for the house, and so much more. Even when he drives me crazy, I need to remember that he's a good man.

I could go on and on... the little things and the big things are just such blessings.

What are you thankful for this year?

No comments: