Monday, November 9, 2009

Author Interview ~ H. C. Brown



Today on the Menagerie, we have author H.C. Brown hanging out with us on the couch today!. Welcome to the Menagerie, hon. Make yourself at home, we don’t bite… very hard. Let’s get started: Where are you from?

I live in Australia on the beautiful Gold Coast. I spend every day walking on the beach for an hour or so with my husband. The weather here is warm in winter so we can walk all year round. I was born in the U.K and I’ve lived in Australia for many years but to Australians I still have an English accent. Funny this because when I phone the UK they tell me I sound like an Aussie…. I can’t win!

Wow, Australia! Sounds wonderful, then again, y’all probably say the same thing about our countries… we always want to do where we’re not. :-D Okay, so tell us your latest news

My big news is that my highly erotic shape shifter Pride Brother series is a go with Noble Romance, the first m/s has been approved and Purrfect Seduction (ménage, spanking) will be released later this year followed, if approved, by My Purrfect Alphas (ménage, m/m, spanking and voyeurism). I have begun another two m/s in this series and I’m thrilled to be working again with Jill Noble.

Well, huge congrats on your good luck with your releases. What are your current projects?

I am currently writing the very erotic….so hot the pages will catch fire, Pride Brothers series and plan to complete a manuscript every two months. I’ m polishing another erotic Historical Romance set in 1666 about a very sexy English lord who masquerades as a Scottish highwayman. I am also writing a YA fantasy romance complete with Witches and Warlocks.

Very cool! Can you share a little of your current work with us?

Yes of course, here is an excerpt from Betrothed to the Enemy, a Historical Erotic Romance published by Noble Romance.

Angela’s heart raced as he scattered sweet kisses along her chin. His hot tongue licked her earlobe before he slowly nibbled her bottom lip. He lifted his head, his eyes locked on hers and he kissed her deeply, intensely. His warm, heady scent filled her nostrils, sending delightful vibrations fluttering deep in her belly. Angela felt no fear, no regrets when he removed her cloak. Her body responded instinctively to his touch. She arched her back and pushed her aching breasts toward him. She writhed in forbidden ecstasy as he cupped them with warm hands and circled his calloused thumbs over her sensitive nipples. He tormented, he teased, and he bent his head and licked a circle around one hard bud and then the other, drawing wet circles on her linen shift. His breath was so hot that when he lifted his head they cooled unbearably, rising to hard tight peaks.

She let out a short gasp as a warm hand ran up her leg, lifting her shift in the process. He clasped her bare bottom, easing her up onto his leather-clad thigh. She squirmed in pleasure as her legs parted and her slick, wet folds met his hard, cold knee. He took her mouth again, and as their tongues danced, he rocked her gently back and forth along his strong muscular thigh. Angela swooned at the exquisite sensations flooding her body, delighting in the forbidden heat strumming through her most intimate parts. Damien growled deep in his chest as he lifted her into his arms. He carried her across the room and lowered her onto the mat before the fire. He pulled her shift up and over her head, tossing it to the floor, and then stood back to admire her nakedness. Angela felt suddenly embarrassed and heat flooded her cheeks as Damien smiled.

“You are so beautiful, milady. I will keep this image in my mind forever,” he said as he began to remove his tunic and breeches. Moments later, he was as naked as she was.

Damien could only stand before her motionless. His prowess with women deserted him as he absorbed her splendor. Doubt flooded his mind and he stilled like a statue. She held his gaze, her eyes filled with trust. How could he think to deflower her? Was his mind inflamed with fever? This was the first woman who had ever mattered to him. He owed her his love, not a covering like a common whore.

But when Angela’s gaze travelled down to his achingly hard cock then back up to his face, all his misgivings fled. He nearly spilled his seed as their eyes locked and her teeth closed seductively on her bottom lip.

He discovered he could not blink as she casually reached behind her head to release a cascade of hair that tumbled like black silk across the floor. Her large, ivory breasts with their enticingly erect rose-pink nipples mesmerized him. His gaze drifted across her pure white skin to her softly rounded belly. His mouth went dry as he glimpsed the stark triangle of damp, dark curls nestled between her open thighs. She was beautiful and in this moment she was his and his alone.

He was lost.

Kneeling carefully between her legs, he leaned over her, supporting himself on his forearms. He kissed a slow, wet trail up her belly to the valley between her breasts. He kissed each white mound then lazily circled his tongue around each pink bud before gently suckling one and then the other. Angela began mewing and arching her back as he continued to torment her nipples, raking them with his teeth until they stood up, deep red and erect.

“Sir Damien, please. . . it is too good. I fear I cannot stand such pleasure,” she gasped.

Damien rose above her and kissed the tip of her nose.

“Do you want me to stop, my sweet angel?” He brushed a lock of damp hair from her flushed face and tenderly kissed her neck.

Angela shook her head. “No, please continue.”

Damien chuckled and lashed his tongue across her sensitive nipples. Dear Lord, she tasted like honey, so sweet. He fought for control, desperate to ensure his lovemaking remain gentle for her first time. Consumed with lust, he longed to bury himself deep within her and ride her hard to completion. He slipped his hand down to her quivering belly and let it rest there a while before slipping his fingers between her open thighs. He felt her tense at his touch.

“Oh sweet angel,” he whispered, “relax and allow yourself to enjoy.”

She was so very wet and his fingers glistened with her moisture as he tenderly probed her folds. Slipping a finger inside, he prodded gently. So hot, so tight. He found her pearl with his thumb, and circled it slowly. He wanted so to taste her, to drink her virgin honey, to suck her swollen pearl until she screamed out his name in passion. Her small hands slid down his back and held him tightly, her breath coming in short pants. He continued swirling his fingers and suckling her tender buds until she cried out and arched against him, trembling in ecstatic completion. He muffled her cries of pleasure with a kiss. He was well pleased when she pushed her hands through his hair and returned his kiss with passion.

“I want to taste you, to feel you tremble against my mouth,” he said as he grasped her rounded bottom with both hands and lifted her soaking folds to his lips.

He felt her tense for a second before her fingers twirled in his hair and she moaned her approval. He drove his tongue deep inside, probing and swirling as she writhed in his hands. She tasted so sweet, and her nectar ran down his chin as he lapped. He found her hard pearl and sucked, holding her firmly until her whole body shuddered to conclusion.


Wow, looks great! Who is your favorite author and what is it that really strikes you about their work?

I read copious amounts of books in all different genres. It would be hard to say that I have one favorite. I enjoy reading Terry Brooks and have all of his novels. I think that his ability to world build is what I enjoy most, I get lost in his stories. Carol Burg brings an intense reading experience filled with ambience; she was the first author to make me cry for the hero. Diane Gabaldon, her stories are fantastic and take the reader on a roller coaster of emotions. I love the historical background in her books and feel as if I’ve lived in the period when I finally put down the book….to me long as they are they’re never long enough. I’m looking forward to her new release. Denise Rossetti is another favorite, creates amazing 3D characters and I enjoy her work immensely.

I have to agree with Denise Rossetti, I can’t say as to the others, as they don’t look familiar. Who designed the covers?

Fiona Jayde. She is amazing and I’m sure has the ability to read minds…..the cover of Betrothed to the Enemy is exactly how I see my sexy blond hero, Damien.

LOL, you gotta love when your cover artist can bring to life what you see in your head. You can erase any horrible experience from your past. What will it be?

I think we all make mistakes as we go through life. When I moved to the Gold Coast I had to find a home for my cat, animals aren’t allowed in the suburb where we live. Although the people gave him a very loving home he died in an accident. I’ve never forgiven myself for moving.

Oh, I’m sorry. But, yes, sometimes we can’t change something, and even if we did then we don’t know what all would have been changed in our lives. What do you want to know about the future?

Hmmm… so many things. What will people be reading on the Best Seller list in 2011?
Should I do the wash on Wednesday or will it rain?
Will they ever find the Fountain of Youth?


ROTFL, those are good questions. Let me know if you get those answers. :-D Do you like thunderstorms?

No! I would be the worst person to be with during a thunderstorm, totally useless. My husband the Alpha Male runs around the yard securing everything like a lightening rod while I curl up on the sofa shaking like a fool. I usually spend the whole time after that as close to him as possible….which can be fun if the power goes off…

I’m sorry, at least you have a truly good man to hug you and make you feel better, or at least safe through those ordeals. What is one thing scientists should invent?

A computer program that does historical research would be great for me. I enjoy the initial research but the cross checking can get a bit boring after a while and so time consuming. Secondly a car that will run on water would be good…but then I guess water would be $5 a gallon.

Don’t I know it.. and I don’t really do anything to do with historical, but what research I do do can be rather tedious. When you looked in the mirror this morning, what was the first thing you thought?

I was happy the mirror was steamed up…..I looked pretty good WITH the steam.
Thank you for having me today


LOL, I think most of us go through the same morning ritual. Well, H.C. it’s been fun having you here. It was great to get to know you better. I hope you continue to drop on in and let us know when you have new books coming out… or to just drool over the Saturday hotties.

H.C.Brown lives in Queensland, Australia where she enjoys walking along the long white sandy beaches. She loves to read and finds peace in painting. Her passion is writing which she does on most days. She currently writes Historical, Paranormal and Fantasy Romance all with a healthy dose of erotica. She finds that variety is the spice of life and her stories include a Murder Mystery series. She married her very own Alpha Male and he is her love and inspiration.
You can keep track of H.C. on her website and blog.


Betrothed to the Enemy By H.C.Brown

After her father’s death at the Battle of Hastings, Lady Angela of Parr is defenseless. Dragged from her father’s estate and taken to London, she finds herself at the mercy of a ruthless Norman king. William, the new king of England plans to repay his loyal knights by offering them marriage to the Saxon blueblood ladies. Angela has no love for the Normans and puts her reputation in jeopardy by secretly meeting a young Norman knight, Sir Damien de Anesi. Their love blossoms until King William betroths her to a depraved old man.

Will Sir Damien turn against his liege and risk all to save Lady Angela from a fate worse than death?

No comments: