Monday, August 24, 2009

Author Interview ~ Paige Tyler


Today is Monday and here at The Menagerie that means we get to play with our author friends. Today, on the couch, we have our dear friend Paige Tyler. She’s always been so supportive of us and loves to drop in and let us know what’s doin. So, Paige, welcome to the couch today, make yourself comfortable and let’s get started. Tell us your latest news!


I'd love to! Animal Instinct, the sequel to my 2009 EPPIE Finalist paranormal erotic romance Animal Attraction just came out with Whiskey Creek Press Torrid in June, which I'm very excited about! It's about a girl that goes to Alaska to do a little painting and ends up getting turned into a werewolf! Of course, there's a hunky male werewolf there to help her through the transition. I also have a sexy new sci-fi erotic romance coming out in August with Liquid Silver Books called Valuable Cargo! Check out my website at http://www.paigetylertheauthor.com to read some sexy excerpts!


Oh, I am really looking forward to Valuable Cargo, and it’s always so great to see where your devious brain goes to torture these lovely hotties. How did you come up with the title for Valuable Cargo?


Well, it's about a hunky astronaut who wakes up from hypersleep to find himself seven-hundred years in the future on a spaceship full of beautiful women, who think he's very Valuable Cargo indeed! LOL!

Makes sense, and gets me even more intrigued. How much of the book is realistic?


Since it's a sci-fi, not as much as if it weren't a sci-fi. It does take place seven-hundred years in the future, after all. LOL! However, I always try to make everything seem logical and credible, as if it could really happen. I think it makes the story more believable.

Well, that’s understandable. Who designed the cover for Valuable Cargo?


The artist I work with at Liquid Silver Books is April Martinez. She does beautiful covers!

That she does, I’ve always loved your covers. What do you think makes a good story?


Characters you become personally invested in and can care about, like heroes you can fall in love with and heroines you can identify with. Story lines that are exciting and draw you in so you want to read what happens next. And sex that's smokin' hot and leaves you wanting more, but is also very, very romantic!


I couldn’t agree more! Those are things so many of us want to see in a good story. And now for the “nothing to do with your writing” questions: What’s the strangest thing you’ve ever eaten?


My hubby and I were living in Korea at the time and some Korean friends took us out to a restaurant where we had something called pee pok pak, not sure of the spelling there, and barley tea. Though we had some great dishes while we were there, that wasn't one of them! LOL! It was a combination of rice and a whole bunch of unidentifiable veggies in a bland sauce. It might have been very tasty, but it just so different in taste than anything we were used to. Being polite, we ate it, but we still cringe ever time we think about it now.

I’ve never eaten it, but it does sound odd. What is your favorite animal?

I love all animals, unless they're the creepy, crawly kind. I go for the cute, cuddly ones the most, of course. I just want to pick them up and squeeze them! Then again, I really love that lizard on the Geico commercials too!


LOL, who can really blame you? No really! What is your favorite pizza?

I love pizza, so that's easy! Pizza Hut Hand-Tossed with Cheese and California Pizza Kitchen Barbeque Chicken, no onions!

Those sound good, I too love pizza. What is one thing scientists should invent?

Either completely calorie-free and fat-free chocolate or a teleportation device! They'd both be so cool! And my hubby and I could travel the world eating as much chocolate as I want!

That they would! You should set up vacations with your friends…. Lol. Are you a morning person or a night person?

I'm more of an afternoon person, which is probably why my hubby says it's so hard to drag me out of bed in the morning! Then again, I also start thinking of going to bed around eight-thirty or so at night, too! LOL!

Somehow I’m not surprised you’re hard to figure out. LOL It was so great haging out with you again here on the couch at The menagerie. Keep us updated on any of your writing stuff. I’m so glad you were here today. Stop by any time, hon!

You can keep up with Paige online at her website and on her blog.

"Valuable Cargo"

Tanna Aldrick is the captain of a deep space salvage ship in the twenty-ninth century. When she and her all-female crew stumble upon an ancient ship floating in the middle of nowhere, they figure they might be able to find a few valuable tidbits left on the decrepit spacecraft. But what they discover is more valuable than anything they could have ever imagined finding – a gorgeous hunk of a man from the twenty-second century, perfectly preserved in cryogenic suspension. Mankind has changed a lot in seven-hundred years, and six-foot-four, blond-haired, blue-eyed guys like him aren’t just rare; they’re nonexistent.

From the moment they revive him, Tanna finds herself falling for their handsome passenger. As logical as her reasons for not getting romantically involved with him are, however, she still finds herself inviting him into her bed.

Garrick Carlisle wakes up after seven-hundred years in hypersleep to find that everything and everyone he knew is gone. Lost and disconnected, the only thing that keeps him from completely losing it is the beautiful and sexy, dark-haired ship’s captain who rescued him.

Tanna isn’t the only person interested in Garrick, though. A man like him would bring a high price on the slave blocks on any number of planets and there are a lot of unscrupulous people in the galaxy willing to do anything to get their hands on him.

How far will Tanna go to protect her valuable cargo and what will Garrick do to stay with the woman he has come to love?

4 comments:

Paige Tyler said...

Thanks for interviewing me! It was really fun!

*hugs*
Paige

Kealie Shay said...

Thanks for submitting to the torture! LOL, it's always fun to have you here at The Menagerie, Paige.

Becca Simone said...

Hi there!
Paige, your "Animal" covers are just amazing. I think I'll have to mosey on over to your publisher and download them to my new iPod Touch.

:)Becca

Paige Tyler said...

Becca - Thanks so much! I'm so glad you like them! Rika Singh, the artist who does my covers at WCPT does some amazing covers for me! If you decide to pick up my books, let me know how you like them!

*hugs*
Paige