Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Lifus Interruptus

*sigh* I suck... I'm sorry everyone! I forgot completely about Saturday Hottie. Actually, I started one and was so tired I told myself I'd finish it Saturday morning... instead life interrupted and I never made it back onto the computer Saturday. I have been making files and getting them organized to have posts ready to go ahead of time, but it hasn't come to complete fruition yet. Hopefully, soon I'll be able to have stuff all organized.

So, aside from a nagging case of Lifus Interruptus, things have been pretty fun in our house. I love Christmas, and with four children I am constantly given an opportunity to see the world in a whole new way.

We had a fun activity that we participated in this weekend: Breakfast With Santa! Technically, we didn't get to eat directly with Santa, but we had a nice breakfast as a family and then got to visit with Santa (there were a lot of kids, I think Santa would have been trampled if he hadn't sat on his... throne and had some order to the whole thing). My kids loved it... except the baby. His reaction was the most dramatic we've ever had to date. At first he was fine with this person taking him and holding him (he's a pretty easygoing kid), but once he did a double-take and saw it was some strange man with lots of white hair on his face... he got a bit frantic and started to scream and squirm to get away. The entire time I was trying to take the pictures with my hubby insisting quite loudly that I hurry cuz the baby was freaking out... and my camera wouldn't take the picture. Poor Santa valiantly tried to keep the baby from nose-diving off his lap until I could get the picture. He succeeded, but not a moment too soon by the way, my camera worked and my hubby snatched the baby from Santa who looked a little strained.

Needless to say, it was interesting and fun. It wasn't until we got home and loaded the picture that I realized that I had actually captured the baby's double-take at Santa. The look on his face is priceless!

Well, here's to holiday memories no matter what your traditions, and I hope Lifus Interruptus doesn't take permanent hold on my life, lol.

4 comments:

Cari Quinn said...

I know exactly what you mean about Lifus Interruptus, Kealie. Hope everything's settling down for you now. :)

Oh, and I gave you credit on my blog for introducing me to one of your past Saturday hotties. Henri Castelli is the costar of many of my fantasies these days, so thanks a lot! LOL

Kealie Shay said...

Thanks, Cari, things are going full throttle still... but that's just how it goes sometimes. Thanks, again!

Oh, Cari, hon, as far as Henri... I'm willing to share him. Just make sure you send him home to my fantasies when you're done with him... so he can recuperate. :-D

Helen Hardt said...

I stole Niko today ;).

Helen

Kealie Shay said...

*snort* Helen! Niko gets around it seems! We're not the only ones stealing him. *snicker*