Friday, December 12, 2008

Friday With Jenny

I am so not ready for Christmas. I looked at the calendar yesterday and it hit me right between the eyes: TWO WEEKS! And now, it's LESS than two weeks before Christmas and I have bought ONE present. One! And all the kids are going to be home this year so I have a lot of stuff to do yet to get ready.

How is everyone out there doing on their holiday shopping, baking, decorating? Please, tell me I'm not the only one who's been so busy that this Christmas has snuck up on (I did that on purpose.. Mysti HATES snuck... it's a regional thing.. lol).

Anyway... for our Today in History....

French novelist Gustave Flaubert, author of Madame Bovary, is born on this day in 1821 in Rouen, France.

and

28 years ago today.... Armand Hammer paid more than $5M for one of Leonardo da Vinci's notebooks. Ya reckon one day OUR notebooks will sale for anything??? :-)

Have a great weekend.

1 comment:

Helen Hardt said...

You are so not the only one! I'm really behind -- this from someone who is usually done with shopping by Halloween! On top of everything else, I have a novella deadline of 12/31, so I'll be writing over break. I have no idea when I'll write the holiday letter, or do my baking... I guess it'll get done when it gets done!

Helen