Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Happy Christmas Eve!

I'm busy, busy, busy... cleaning and cooking and writing and "family-ing", so I thought I'd just post a couple of things that are traditions with our family this time of year.

A tree -- covered mainly with homemade or gifted ornaments:



Stockings hung by the chimney with care (including ones for our pets AND for two of my DD's stuffed animals -- and yes, Santa brings gifts for them, too):



Watching my two all-time favorite Christmas movies:

It's a Wonderful Life:



Miracle on 34th Street (the original, of course):



And of course, presents!



What are some of your holiday traditions?

1 comment:

Kealie Shay said...

We always have an angel at the top of our tree.

We attend Christmas Eve Services with my mother and father every year.

The kids are allowed to open ONE present on Christmas Eve, the rest have to wait until morning. It's been that way since my mom and her siblings were kids.

Each year we get some cheapie one dollar stockings and some mini ornaments and we all decorate a stocking with our names and the year on them. Then we display those stocking and all the rest of them from previous years.