Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Mysti's Meme: Six Things....

Here are the rules:

Link the person who tagged you. (That would be...no one)
Mention the rules in your blog. (Done)
Tell about 6 unspectacular quirks of yours. (only six?)
Tag 6 bloggers by linking them. (consider yourself tagged)
Leave a comment on each of the tagged blogger's blogs letting them know they've been tagged. (You comment first, and then I'll visit... how is that for a deal?)


Okay, time for me to spill my guts.

1. When I was pregnant, I would have killed for two things: salt and vinegar potato chips and hot dogs. Considering I seldom eat meat, the hot dog thing in particular was very odd. Even now, though, there are times when my DH will be cooking hot dogs and I HAVE TO HAVE ONE or die!

2. When I make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, the peanut butter MUST reach to the edges of the bread or it makes me a little loopy. You people who just smear a little in the middle of your bread, tell me this: how do you live with yourselves??

3. I hate the (non)word -- Snuck. Dear heavens, please, please, please do NOT use this word anywhere in my vicinity. Due to it's common use, it's now listed as an alternative in the dictionary (Bad, bad Webster's caving in to peer pressure), but the past tense of sneak is sneaked. Period.

4. I read the ends of books first. Yes, really. I'm sure I've horrified a great many of you, but that's just how I am. Why bother spending precious time reading if I'm going to be disappointed? Hmmm??? When I go on a trip, I always know what my final destination is. Doesn't ruin the ride there.

5. I eat all my food at room temperature whenever possible. I've even been known to pop a salad into the microwave for 10 or 15 seconds just so it isn't so cold, or add ice to my soup. I have super-sensitive teeth, so anything too hot or cold sends shooting pain into my brain like thousands of tiny daggers. And, yes, I ask for stuff made this way at restaurants, too, when possible. Or, I'll just let my food sit for a bit to either cool off or warm up while I talk with whomever I'm breaking bread.

6. I won't answer the phone if I don't know who is calling. Even before caller ID (which I LOVE), I screened my calls.

And a bonus, because I mis-numbered the first time: I despise channel-surfing. My DH and I seldom watch TV together because he hops all over the place. Even if he's really and truly watching a show, he'll channel flip during commercials which drives me batty because we'll miss a few seconds of the show we were watching... OR... he'll find a show I'd rather watch, and totally get into for about two minutes and then he'll surf away from it! ACK!!!!

What about you? What odd quirks do you have? C'mon... share, kay? And let me know you have in the comments so I can come to your blog and point and laugh.

*G*

No comments: