Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Feeling A Little Bit Country

So, no meme... no procrastination... LOL. Just me, and what's on my mind right now.

I was sitting here listening to my music as I contemplated what I wanted to blog about today when one of my favorite songs came on. One I hadn't listened to in a long time. Now, I will warn y'all... I have some serious country roots... I mean, Mom is from Montana, Father from Louisiana... it's inevitable some days.

Anyway, the song is by Little Big Town and it's called "Bring It On Home", and every single time I hear it I smile and sing along (and some days I get a bit weepy... don't laugh). The chorus goes, "When your long day is over, And you can barely drag your feet, The weight of the world is on your shoulders, I know what you need, Bring it on home to me". Here, you can see all the lyrics here. The harmony is amazing between these two men and two women. It has a slow and steady beat that never fails to inspire me to go find my hubby to just... love on him. :-)

It gets me thinking, isn't that what we all want? Someone to come home to, someone that we can lay our head in their lap at the end of a vicious day and have them soothe away the ache. Someone who is our "safe harbor" in the crazy world. I know there are people out there who will deny it (I used to be one of them... they can't lie to me), but every single one of us wants acceptance. That one person who understands us, even when we aren't making much sense to ourselves, much less to everyone else.

As writers and readers of Romance, no matter what genre, that is what we are looking for isn't it? That connection to what is intangible for those who are still searching and yet open to the possibilities. That reminder to those of us who have it to not forget how precious it is. So, that was my inspiration for the day. Just thought I'd share with y'all. ;-p

Yeah, yeah, I know... very nostalgic of me. You'll soon learn, if you haven't already, I really love music and how it compares to my life or the lives of those around me. (You ever want to know more about me and my Southern roots just listen to this same group's song "Boondocks"...)

No comments: