Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Mysti's Meme #1

Okay... for the next few weeks I'll be posting Mysti's Meme's so that I can use the majority of my writing juice to finish my story (FBOB). And then polish my story. And submit my story. So, please bear with me... and if you want to play, too, I'd love it! Just leave me a comment and I'll come visit.

Let's begin...

What are you reading right now?

"Dark Highland Fire" by Kendra Leigh Castle.

Longest book you’ve ever read:

"The Stand" by Stephen King... I think. I don't really pay attention to length, but I recall that it was pretty amazingly long. Good... really good... but long. Didn't love the mini-series, though Gary Sinise was perfect in his role. But seriously... Molly Ringwald? Please...

Strangest title of a book that you’ve read:

Dunno... that's tough. How about: From the Mixed-Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler? That's pretty odd.

Stupidest ending of a book you’ve read:

Is it good that I can't think of one? I can think of endings that really pissed me off, but not any that were just plain stupid.

Which literary character have you related to the most?

Margaret, in "Are You There God, It's Me, Margaret."

*G*

Do you prefer fiction or nonfiction?

I read both, but for different reasons. Fiction is for fun, Non-Fiction is for edification.

Did you have a series of children’s/young adult books that you once enjoyed?

LOTS!!! The Prydain Chronicles, The Earthsea Trilogy, The Dark Is Rising, The Chronicles of Narnia, Nancy Drew.... should I stop?

Can you enjoy reading the source book after seeing the screen adaptation?

Not really. I do prefer to read the book first, and can't think of a movie I've seen (based on a book) that I went and read the book after.

Have you ever read a novelization of a movie or TV show?

Nope. Never had the desire to.

Book that "turned you on" the most, erotically speaking:

Um... considering my genre of choice, I don't think I can choose just one. Sorry.

Is there a real-life person that you’ve read more than one book about?

Nope. I've read lots of biographies and auto-biographies, but can't think of anyone I've read more than one book about.

Book that everyone’s read but you:

"Pride and Prejudice" -- seen the movie though, does that count? And, as noted earlier, I don't tend to read the book after I've seen the movie. Bad me. I've been told I can't be a romance writer and not have read that particular book. I haven't read "Wuthering Heights" or "Gone with the Wind" (nor seen that movie), either. Sue me.

Favorite "classic" writer/novelist:

William Shakespeare... man, could he write! And, so clever... I <3 Bill.

Favorite contemporary novelist (let's say 1950s on):

Jenny Crusie. Nora Roberts. Daisy Dexter Dobbs.

Favorite short story writer:

I don't think I could name a short story writer if you covered me in honey and strapped me to an ant hill.

Favorite columnist/journalistic writer:

See above, re: short story writers

Favorite poet:

Generally, I dislike poetry. I'm not deep enough to understand it. Maybe Browning? Or... hey... here's a good poem:

I THINK that I shall never see
A poem lovely as a tree.


I've heard the author of that particular poem regrets writing it, however.

Favorite guilty pleasure book or series:

Guilty pleasure? No such thing!!!

Favorite book by written by a famous actor or musician:

Don't have a clue. Don't know if I've ever read one...

Author whose work you once enjoyed but no longer do:

Karin Slaughter. Kill off the hero? Um... no... not if you want me to keep reading. Sorry.

Favorite comics/graphic fiction author:

Wendy and Richard Pini for their "Elfquest" series. I don't even know if they still do it, but I was a rabid fan back in the 80s.

Did you read this? Then -- TAG!! You're it!

*G*

No comments: