Friday, July 18, 2008

To Wear or Not To Wear, that is the question

I've been thinking a lot about clothes. Why we wear what we wear and what that says about us.

Me... I'm a jeans and t-shirt kinda gal, most of the time. Or shorts. I like shorts. But, the point is... I like to be comfy. As a matter of fact, I prefer nearly no clothes at all. Point of fact, right now, I'm in my robe. Period.

But, there are times I like to dress up and be girly-girly. (Mysti would say I'm more girly-girly than I admit, because even with jeans and/or shorts, I refuse to leave the house without my makeup, but that's another day's topic.) Those times I go all out.... flirty little strapless dresses and high higher heels. Blink on my ears and around my neck.

I'm just curious what our clothes really say about us.

I love watching What Not to Wear, but don't want to be on the show. I know they would cringe if they looked into my closet. I would be one of those people whose entire wardrobe gets thrown into the trash can (not the least because some of the items in my clothes, I can't get my fat rear end into now if I wanted to!... but, that too is another day's topic).

What do YOU think? Does it make a difference to our success in life how we dress? To be a successful writer, should I figure out what successful writers wear and follow their lead?

No comments: