Thursday, October 21, 2010

Thursday Thirteen: Movies



My Thirteen Favorite Movies


In no particular order, other than the way they came to mind...

1. While You Were Sleeping

What's not to love? It's sweet, it's funny, it's romantic.



2. The Princess Bride

Again, funny, sweet and romantic. Did I mention funny?



3. Ever After

Hmmm... funny, sweet, romantic. I'm sensing a theme.



4. Better Off Dead

HA! This one isn't sweet (though it is funny and romantic in a terribly warped fashion).



5. Notting Hill

Yeah.. back to sweet, funny and romantic again



6. Cat Ballou

I've loved this movie as long as I can remember.



7. Fiddler on the Roof

How can you not love this clever, fun movie?



8. Undercover Blues

One of the funniest movies I've ever seen.



9. Return of the King

I loved this movie (though I admit to skipping most of the Frodo parts)



10. Back to the Future

The first one. The other two were okay ... but the first one? Absolutely fabulous!



11. Star Wars

Yeah, I know ... it's called "A New Hope" now, but when I was kid? It was just "Star Wars" and it changed the whole movie scene.



12. Serial Mom

Seriously warped. Seriously funny.



13. Dead Poets Society

"Oh Captain, my Captain."



What about you? What movies would you add to my list?

Get the Thursday Thirteen code here

6 comments:

Mia Celeste said...

"The Princess Bride" is my favorite on your list. Happy TT!

Xakara said...

Back to the Future! I can't even admit how many times I saw it in the theater as a kid or how excited I am to get the 25th anniversary blu-ray next week!

The Princess Bride is the third most quoted movie in our house. And Dead Poets Society will forever be a favorite for teaching me that "sucking the marrow out of life doesn't mean choking on the bone".

Awesome list! Happy TT.

~Xakara
13 Lessons If You Ever Find Yourself In A Horror Movie

Unknown said...

I find it interesting how many people have The Princess Bride on their list of favorite movies. Fun list. Happy T13!

JCB said...

Princess Bride and Nottinghill make my list, but so does So I Married an Axe murderer!

Shelley Munro said...

Ooh, I remember Cat Balou. That's a great movie. Good list.

{S.T.U.F.F.} said...

Awesome 13!

A video list always rocks!