Friday, March 19, 2010

Halfway There

So today I decided to yak about my vampire story. And no, it's not called halfway there. It's halfway done.

I have this nasty tendency to start a story and then get right to the good part and walk away from it. Sucks. Cause I think, this will be a great story---when I finish it. So yes, the hard part is completing the action.

I've also got this compulsion. (Get your mind out of the gutter a moment, not THAT kind of compulsion.) I love my stories as much as my cabana boys. So when I do finish a story, it's like ripping out my heart to have it turned down or asked to be rewritten because it doesn't "fit our vision".

Do you all ever have that issue?

Oh and as good ole Tom Petty says, the waiting is the hardest part. Sometimes you have to wait for the story to marinate enough to finish it, or you have to wait for the response on a story. I have to mention that while I'm waiting, I'm a nervous wreck.

But that's enough of my moaning. Sheesh. I'll get the story done and the compulsions under control.

Back to my boys.

No comments: