Monday, August 6, 2012

Monday Author Interview with Evelyn Jules



This week on the couch we have the fantastic Evelyn Jules. Don’t know Evelyn? Well then read on!! Evelyn, I’m so happy you’re here today. It’s a pleasure having you. So let’s get on with this interview. Grin.

Describe yourself in three words.

Positive, Dirty-minded, Positively-dirty-minded

Well, you’ll get along with us here at the Menagerie quite well. We’ve got the dirtiest minds around. Cast your book. Tell us who would play the main characters in a movie and why?

A good friend of mine read Blind Faith after the first draft and compared my hero to Dean Cain, Mr. Superman himself. He’s got the tall, dark, and handsome thing going for him. And the Superman comparison, well, you’ll find out why he earned that title by reading for yourself. ;)

My heroine is a librarian who makes me think of Rachel Weisz’ character in The Mummy—cute, quirky, bookish, with an underlying dirty side.

Can’t beat Superman. What’s your favorite love scene from a movie?

The love scene between Joe Black (Brad Pitt) and Susan Parrish (Claire Forlani) in the movie Meet Joe Black. It’s so real and intense and beautiful and the music playing in the background just perfectly accompanies the scene. And naked Brad is yum.

That’s a happy shiver inducing scene. What’s your wildest fantasy?

I have this fantasy of filling a bathtub with whipped cream and rolling around naked in it.

Unique. I’ve never thought of that. Hmm... If you were to lose one of your senses, which would you rather lose and why?

Wow, this is a tough question to answer. I think I’d choose my spidey-sense. Oh, you want a real sense? I would have to say my sense of smell. Then I could still see, feel, touch, and taste my man, but the smell of morning breath would never be an issue.

We live for the tough questions. Grin. What is the naughtiest thing you did as a kid?

When I was in grade six I sneaked into the woods behind the school with a cute boy. He asked me to show him my boobs but I kissed him instead. My boobs are still the same size today so I think he got the better deal.

And now for the fun questions, because we can. Boxers or Briefs?

Boxer briefs! :D

Top or Bottom?

Top! The top bunk is always better!

Pajamas or nude?

Pajamas all the way. And socks, and sometimes a toque (that’s winter hat in Canadian speak)

You never know when there will be a fire and you have to run outside. Grin. Hairy chests or smooth?

Mmmm hairy. Gimme a chest with hair, long, beautiful hair. Shining, gleaming, streaming, flaxen, waxen.

You can have them. I like them smooth. Alpha or Beta?

I prefer a Beta who has Alpha tendencies. To borrow a line from Anne of Green Gables, I wouldn't want anyone who was truly wicked, but I'd like it if he could be wicked and wouldn't.

Giggle. Great quote. So for the readers, here’s a little bit about Blind Faith

Faith Lawson is just your average, wholesome librarian with a dirty mind…until a chance encounter with a handsome stranger brings her fantasies to life in a frantic night of passion. But when he walks out her door, he leaves a piece of his past behind that changes everything.


And a little bit about Evelyn Jules

Hailing from the Great White North, Evelyn Jules loves curling up on the couch with a hot toddy and a steamy book. Nothing warms a girl up faster than a little hanky-panky. When she’s not reading deliciously erotic tales, she’s weaving her own in hopes of warming her readers’ hearts and other parts!

Links, because you know you want them!

Blog: http//evelynjules.blogspot.ca Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/EvelynJules Twitter: https://twitter.com/EvelynJules Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/6440468.Evelyn_Jules

And the links for the book:

Smashwords: https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/209492 ARe: http://www.allromanceebooks.com/product-blindfaith-899951-149.html Bookstrand: http://www.bookstrand.com/blind-faith Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Blind-Faith-ebook/dp/B008QO3T64/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1343593189&sr=8-1&keywords=evelyn+jules+blind+faith Turquoise Morning Press: http://www.turquoisemorningpressbookstore.com/products/blind-faith-by-evelyn-jules

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for having me here! This was a blast! :)

Unknown said...

LOL great answers. They made me smile.

Unknown said...

Hee! Thank you, Michelle! Your comment made me smile. :D

Margaret said...

A fabulous interview! So fun!

Unknown said...

Hi Margaret! :D Thank you so much! I had tons of fun with it!

Laurie said...

You are becoming a blogging pro. I love that scene in Joe Black as well. Great choice. And the quote was awesome as well. Nicely done.

Unknown said...

Aww, thank you, Laurie! It takes practice. ;) Isn't that a great scene? I love that movie and I might have the soundtrack too.

Suzanne Lilly said...

Whew! Just thinking about that love scene from Meet Joe Black makes me shiver. That's my favorite movie in the world. Good luck with your book! I loved this interview.

Unknown said...

Hi Suzanne! I love that there are so many Meet Joe Black fans out there!

You're so sweet! Thanks for the luck and the support! :)

Anonymous said...

Fabulous interview! Loved your answers! I think you should do MORE of these! :)

Unknown said...

LOL, maybe I will do more! Thank you so much for reading!! :D