Friday, August 3, 2012

Just When I Thought It Was Safe...

to take a breath, that's when the characters started talking. I know, I know...tough problem to have, right? I'm not complaining. Trust me, it's great when they talk. It means I've got something to do. But what about when I don't have the time to write. I can see your eyes boggle. Don't have time? Isn't that what you get paid for? To write? It is, but here's the thing. It's back to school time. Someone has to help figure out the supply list. You know, like why the child HAS to have sharp scissors not blunt ones or why he can't have 24 ct crayons and NEEDS 48. This is on the list. Send DH and he just throws his hands in the air.

Then there's the clothes shopping. Oh brother. The child hits a growth spurt the moment I hand over the money. I swear he wears his shoes out within a week. Again, if I send DH, then he freaks out over the price - kids clothes aren't cheap - and how fast the child goest through them.

I never expected to think I'd be happy to see the school year come back. I'm more organized during the school year. I get more done. At the same time, I don't want it to come back at all. I don't want the child to be growing up. And that puts a strain on writing, too. Maybe it's just me, but I get depressed around this time of year. My small person is getting bigger and time is getting away from me. Makes me sad.

So here I am listening to characters chatter and not really ready to write their stories. Go figure. Not much of a fun Friday, but it happens. I'll come up with something cooler for next week. :-)

No comments: