Monday, September 19, 2011

Monday Author Interview ~ Rachel Leigh!



The fantastic Rachel Leigh is here today, talking about her book, dogs, and Greece! Want to know more? Read on, my friends, read on. So Rachel, where are you from?


I’m from the South West of England and live in a beautiful part of the country near many historic sites such as Stonehenge and the White Horse on Cherill. There are lots and lots of places to walk my beloved black Labrador and I can’t imagine me ever leaving here unless I win the lottery, of course!

We’d all like to win the lottery in this day and age. So, tell us your latest news?

My latest news is the release of my second novella with The Wild Rose Press called “Coming Back”. It is a British set romance with British characters. A classic reunion story and the fight the hero and heroine have to conquer make it work this time. Here’s the blurb:

Kelly Hampton loved once...and lost. After two years of looking for Sean McKenzie in other men--and failing miserably--she takes a vow of celibacy. No sex until she finds love. Then Sean strolls back into her bar, reigniting old flames. No one has come close to understanding or satisfying her like he did. Her body burns for the passion they once shared, but her heart still remembers the pain.

Sean escaped Jessop Hill and his father's fists in the middle of the night without a word--even to his love, Kelly--to protect his battered mother, but he never forgot the explosively erotic relationship he left behind. Now his father is dead and Sean is back for the only woman he's ever wanted. Their reunion is full of fire – but can sexual attraction and noble intentions overcome years of heartache or will Kelly walk away to protect her heart this time.


Ooh! Sounds sexy! Fanning self. What are your current projects?

I am half way through my next novella, tentatively called “Greek Gratification”. It has a British hero and heroine but is set on the Greek island of Zante where I holidayed a few years ago. It is an extremely hot and sensual country and I knew I wanted to write a story based there one day.

This story came to life by a contest I held on my blog where I gave a choice of three hero occupations, three heroine occupations and three settings. The winning combination? A pro-bono lawyer, a chef and Greece – done!


Now that’s cool. I love a tall, dark and handsome hero...make him Greek and I’m sold. Name one entity that you feel supported you outside of family members.

My fabulous friends, idols and mentors of the Romantic Novelists Association (UK RWA equivalent). It is a fantastic organization where you can learn so much from other writers who support you all the way. Members are equally as excited for other members’ success as they are their own which is just wonderful. The annual conference is always a guaranteed good time with lots of hard learning in the day and lots of hard partying at night!

Sounds like you’ve been hanging out with us. Grin. Do you see writing as a career?

Definitely! I think you have to if you want to go all the way in this world. There are writers who just want to write for themselves and that is fine too, but for me I want this to earn me a living. I want to be able to do this forever and if I get rich along the way, great. If not, just enough to justify me being home writing stories all day will be enough.

Always good to be humble. Who designed the covers?

My wonderful editor, Angela Anderson is also my cover artist. I love both my covers and we discussed them in detail until I was happy with the images. There are so many great covers out there, I don’t know how the artists ever come up with something new that hasn’t already been done. She’s fab!


I know! I have no idea how they do it either, but kudos to them. What animal do you think makes the best pet and why?

Black Labrador – yes, you’ve guessed it because I’ve got one, lol! My dog, Max is my best and constant companion. We walk for miles and then he will sleep for hours wherever I am writing. Every day. Love that boy!

Aren’t they good feet warmers, too? Mine are. You can erase any horrible experience from your past. What will it be?

Going out with a boy I let mistreat me for FAR too long…

We all have those moments. (hug) What were you doing at midnight last night?

Dancing with my husband in the kitchen – seriously. And yes, we did have a tad too much wine… ; )

Now that sounds like a heckuva time. Have you ever cried during a movie? If yes, which one and why?

Forrest Gump gets my every time – and I don’t just cry once, I cry at so many parts, it’s ridiculous! But I can’t say which parts in case there is anyone left in the world that hasn’t seen it and is reading this.

That one’s a sob-fest for us, too. Speaking of movies, you gotta eat when watching a pizza. What is your favorite?

Texan BBQ from Domino’s is absolutely delicious! Combination of spicy and sweet, yum…in fact, what are we having for dinner tonight again?

Giggle. Are you a morning person or a night person?

With my writing I am a definite morning person but with regard to socializing, I am very much a night person with dinner, wine and late night chatting. Love that!


We’ve had a great time talking with Rachel, but I’m sure you want to know more about Rachel Leigh. Yeah? Here’s the official bio and her links! Be sure to check her out. 

Rachel Leigh lives in the UK and is married to her own sexy hero. Even though Rachel has only two erotic romance novellas published, she enjoyed writing them so much, she has two more lined up and almost ready to go off to The Wild Rose Press. When she isn’t writing, you can find her reading, watching American TV dramas. Running around after her two daughters….or playing with her husband.

www.rachelleigh.co.uk
www.rachelleighromance.blogspot.com
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rachel-Leigh/266044849655


No comments: