Friday, July 9, 2010

He Followed Me Home...

It's really hot here, like everywhere, but it's sticky ucky hot here, so I've been spending time either in A/C or outside in the shade. Oh yeah, I'm not a sun worshipper. Pale is the new tan.

Anyway, so I was outside and the kidlet shouts that there's a cat in the yard. Well, come on, we have a cat--ok so he's a lump and I sweart he's a shifter--but still, we live out in the middle of nowhere. There are cats, rabbits, chipmunks, raccoons, woodchucks, etc out here.

So he shouts, can we keep him?

Um... now this is a sticky situation. I have a reputation, as Kealie can attest to, to bringing strays home. How else do you think I've managed to end up with three vampire CB's and at least one kitty shifter man? Oh yeah, it's a gift. I want to bring the cat in because I happen to know he's a stray and even though the neighbors are feeding him, he's thin. I want to say sure, bring him in. Dip him in anti-flea stuff and give him a thorough bath (Yes, I'm crazy enough to bathe a cat--actually, I've done it).

But...

Besides the fleas, God only knows if the thing has any other maladies. I doubt he's got rabies, but I know he's not fixed. And that's a big problem. I had a cat before that liked to leave messages on the furniture--his essence lingers. Oh, and there's the small issue of the dogs. Yup, two German Shepards (Tango and Cash) who I am sure won't like having a full grown kitty added to the family. And then there's the other cat. I hate when cats fight.

So as much as I want to be the animal lover, I'm torn. What do you think? I get my pets from the pound... but this is a bit skewed. What'cha think?

No comments: