Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Turning It Off.. To Keep It Going

So, NaNoWriMo has officially kicked off. I'm excited, but terrified that my book will SUCK. Why? Because my internal editor ANNIE is fighting me every step of the way. Yes, she has a name. :-) She is a pain in my @$$! I know I've blogged about this before, but it's on my mind again right now, and I wanted to talk about it.

Mysti is constantly telling me that writers write... we just do it. And that is the basic tenet of NaNo, just get the words out and fix it later. It's all about the word count. The problem I'm running into is that ANNIE is not nice... and she's not quiet. So, as I type she's complains, "Well, that's real nice... That's not very descriptive... Are you sure you want to type THAT?" GAH!!! So, now it's all about turning the witch off and just writing.

Anyone else out there NaNo-ing? I know I have a few friends who are, and I would love to hear how y'all are doing so far. Is your internal editor being a pain? Have you figured out how to turn her/him off? Does yours have a name? LOL Well, I hope your struggles are few and your writing is profilic. Have a great week.

No comments: