Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thanks!

Truthfully, aside from listing those things for which I am thankful (My daughter, my husband, my pets, a home, food, a writing career), I'm a bit blank as to what to write today. It's been a long month, with my routine in disarray because of several unplanned events. My brain just isn't working the way it should! So, instead I'll give you a few quotes about gratitude and Thanksgiving:

The Pilgrims made seven times more graves than huts. No Americans have been more impoverished than these who, nevertheless, set aside a day of thanksgiving. ~H.U. Westermayer

It is literally true, as the thankless say, that they have nothing to be thankful for. He who sits by the fire, thankless for the fire, is just as if he had no fire. Nothing is possessed save in appreciation, of which thankfulness is the indispensable ingredient. But a thankful heart hath a continual feast. ~W.J. Cameron


And one last one, not quite so serious:

I love Thanksgiving turkey. It's the only time in Los Angeles that you see natural breasts. ~Arnold Schwarzenegger

Happy Thanksgiving to all our American friends!

No comments: