Sunday, July 22, 2012

Effective Immediately

If you've read the buzz going around, you might know about the issue with photos. I'm going to state here and now, I--we--messed up. Yes. All of us here at the Menagerie have been posting photos for Hump Day and Saturday Hottie (among other days) because we thought getting them from Google was okay. We thougth having a disclaimer was okay. It's not. Because of that, Hump Day and Saturday Hottie as well as Suit Up Sunday will cease to exist. Stinks because those were fun to post. Fun, but I also look at it this way, stealing photos - which by the letter of the law it was - is like stealing my books. Okay, I'm not stealing my books, but pirates are. I don't want people asking me for books 'to review' only to have them send them to pirate sites because they didn't like it, didn't want it, thought it should be passed along. That's not fair. That's the money I use to buy food for my family being taken away so someone can get a free book.

Works the same way for the photographers. I'm using photos I don't have the right to use. Doesn't make it right. Doesn't make it easy to kill those posts. I mean, who doesn't like a good hot guy pic? The photographer who is having their work thieved. So I'm sorry to have to do this. Hump Day is out until further notice - at least in it's current form. Saturday Hotties, although fun, have been relagated to the 'been there done that and can't do it anymore' file. The party is over.

In the place of these posts, we're asking YOU, yes YOU to help us. We're instituting some new posts. Like? Instead of Hump Day, we're having What's New Wednesday. You have a book coming out? Want to give it a shout out? Email us. We'll put it up. Is it just out and you still want to promo it (maybe it finally made it to ARe or Amazon)? Let us know.

In the place of Saturday Hotties, we'll be doing Saturday Sexy Covers. This is your participation time, too. Got a cover you think is smokin' hot? Send it to us with the links and blurb. We'll put it up. It has to be your cover. Can't just send us someone's cover without them knowing. Email us and you'll be put on the schedule.

We've still got room for Monday Interviews and Sunday Videos. Feel free to send those in, too. We're waiting.

We'll still have the other usual posts, but probably with a few less photos - unless we own them or bought them. Thanks for your understanding and please continue to follow the blog and all we do. We appreciate your support.

No comments: