Friday, March 9, 2012

Hold on My Heart

I wasn't really sure what to write about either, mostly because I've been sick for the past couple days. The CB's have made me feel VERY good while I'm recovering. Stupid colds anyway.

I thought I'd loan them out to Kealie since she's been away awhile and I'm sure they are tired of my sick butt.

Anyway, since I've not been feeling my best and have been sleeping, it's been nice. My brain is fuzzy, but not as fuzzy as normal. (Well the normal I've lived in for the last couple days.) I started thinking about the final story in my Glow Band series. I don't really want to end it, I mean, I love hanging out with these characters. Plus, doing extra research on punk/rock bands has been a blast. But all good things must come to an end. Glow series included.

So I'm up to Hiram and Slash's story. And the reason why I titled the post Hold On My Heart. Hiram serves as one of the body guards for the band. He kicks some serious butt. He also happens to be the brother of the lead singer. Far as he's concerned, he's got no musical ability and no super qualities to him. Don't get me wrong, doesn't mean he's a boring guy. He's 6'6" and weighs 220. You're not gonna miss him in a room. But what he does have his a heaping helping dose of shyness. He can deal in social situations if a) emotions aren't involved and b) he can beat the crap out of someone. What he doesn't realize is that Slash is very much attracted to him because he's not pretentious and he's authentic - when he finally says something. Hiram is also a realist. He's seen his brother find his counterpart. He witnessed the disgustingly sweet way his sister found her counterpart. He knows it happens. What he's not about to do is fall for a guy who plays drums in a punk band and is willing (or so he thinks) to drop his drawers for any piece of ass to walk past.

I'm not hearing a lot from Hiram other than he's happy to bag it, tag it and keep his heart nice and tucked away. Slash has been the one talking to me most. He keeps telling me he's got to hold on and that his heart, though ready and willing to go to Hiram, is going to have to wait a little bit.

So that's where I'm at. Working on them, thinking about what they will do and let me make them do. Thoughts?

CBs? I'm in need of refreshment!

No comments: