Thursday, March 10, 2011

I Got Nuthin'


I swear, lately it's like someone has come along with a brain sucker and sucked out all my brains. I open a document to write and I'm blank. I'll be talking to someone and words escape me. I can't settle for more than a few moments before I pop up to do something different.

I'm antsy. Tired. Irritable. Uninspired.

The muse -- all the muses (because I have them for other life things, too ... the muse of cooking, the muse of mothering, the muse of cleaning, the muse of entertaining, etc) have gone on vacation. And they haven't even sent a postcard.

And still, I'll open those documents and struggle to get words down. I'll try to make dinner more than a box of Kraft Mac-n-Cheese. I'll continue to clean well enough to keep the health department from condemning the house.

And hope the muses return.

I don't suppose you've seen them anywhere?



No comments: