Friday, February 25, 2011

WIP and Stuff

I can't really build on what Mysti said yesterday because, well, she's right. Although I totally scored with the Han Solo line.

I posted this on my personal blog yesterday, but I thought it bore repeating.

Permanent went to anther CP. I dunno if I talked about the first one. This is in no means meant to be bashing. Please don't take it that way, but she really ribboned the story. "You're a nice person. I'm not. You're nice to your characters. I'm not."

Geesh.

But yanno, she's right. I am way too nice to my characters. Why? I guess because I don't want them really hurting or to come off as jerks. Guess Mom really made sure I remembered the 'do unto others as you'd have done to you' line.
"This is fine for gay fiction, but not romance with a R."

Ouch, but again, she's right. Tory was wayyyyyyyy tooooo nice and really wasn't reacting like a man would. Boy, do I feel dumb. I mean, I thought I was totally in these guys' heads. I guess I was, but not nearly deep enough.

We'll see what the second CP says, but now I'm wondering if the ending wasn't too easy. Ugh. I hate the uncertainty. And it only gets worse. If second CP thinks it's ready to send, then it gets a final polish...and then eeekkk.... the submissions process.

I need something stiff.

Boys?

No comments: